Monday 12 May 2014

Daily Outfit: A little bit country

This daily outfit that turned out to be a little bit Country was, originally, inspired by an outfit that Leandra Medine of the ManRepeller blog wore to fashion week somewhere.

Leandra’s outfit was very chic – pale double denim shirt and jeans with a beautiful navy blazer/trench and a navy leather clutch. I tried to replicate this outfit using pieces from my own wardrobe, but it wound up having a very Country-Western look by the time I was done with it.

For this daily outfit that’s a little bit Country I’m wearing:

Navy wool blazer with orange lining – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Light denim western shirt with embroidered detail - OBEY
Navy silk/polyester necktie with boot and saddle motif – Hardy Aimes, thrifted
Black leather belt – Raphael Steffens
Arc 3D loose tapered jeans with distressed detailing – G-Star
Black leather shoes – Raphael Steffens

I’m not unhappy with the look at all, though I did wind up leaving the tie at home today because the collar is so tiny that it just didn’t work. The shirt is also problematic, because it is very tight in the waist area but the sleeves are insanely long, so it isn’t the most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn.


No comments:

Post a Comment