Tuesday 6 May 2014

Daily Outfit: Jogger Jeans

I bought these jeans off ASOS the second that I saw them, and was just lucky that they were on sale at the time. In fact, I bought two pairs.

I'd been obsessed with owning a pair of elasticised jeans, also called 'Jogger Jeans', since I first encountered the idea with a particularly sexed-up offering from D-Squared. I was probably lusting after these and planning to make my own for at least three years before I got my hands on a pair.

Slight problem, then, that my best friend Margaret absolutely hates them.

Right now, Mags is overseas for six months, presently in China. So, while the cat is away, the mouse will play, and by play I mean wear these Jogger jeans to work in the following outfit:


Navy wool tailored blazer with orange lining – Euromerican Tailors
Navy cotton tailored button-down shirt – Euromerican Tailors
Orange polyester knit necktie – Uniqlo, Tokyo
Light blue denim ‘Jogger’ jeans – River Island, ASOS
Navy and orange sneakers - Puma

I'm not sure that this really worked as a look, but I am glad that I tried it out. I am convinced that the Jogger can work in more contexts than "At home where no one can see them ever." as Mags would say. I didn't even mind that one of my favourite colleagues compared these to pregnancy jeans; I'm just glad that I got to try the look out.


No comments:

Post a Comment