Wednesday 7 May 2014

Daily Outfit: Excuses and exaggerations

The best thing about maintaining this blog is that it is basically a semi-valid 'excuse' to spend a significant amount of my time playing dress-ups with my own clothes. I love having the challenge of making new combinations from my own clothes, especially now that I am moving towards a predominantly navy wardrobe. Today's outfit, for example, was really basic, but it was also really comfortable and warm.


I wore this daily outfit to a full day of development training at a hotel here in Canberra:

Navy wool jumper with orange stripes and elbow patches - SoluCal, Trade Secret
Blue and white fine striped business shirt with French cuffs - T.M. Lewin, thrifted
Black leather belt - Raphael Steffens
Dark wash Riley 3D tapered jeans - G-Star
Black leather shoes with cut out details - Raphael Steffens 


I've always loved an exaggerated cuff and collar combination, and today I went with something simple but definitely exaggerated.

Shirts with French cuffs are best for this sort of look, because you don't need to roll the sweater sleeves back, meaning you can stay warm and look sharp.


No comments:

Post a Comment