Thursday 15 May 2014

Daily Outfit: Stripes on Stripes on Stripes


I’ve gone a little batty for stripes on stripes in this daily outfit.

In my humble opinion, patterns are really where you have a chance to show off and peacock a little when it comes to menswear, especially corporate menswear. It can feel like you are stuck in an endless cycle of following the heard when you’re a man in an office: Monday – Blue shirt, Tuesday – White shirt, Wednesday – Pink shirt. However, patterns help break out of the drollery and to set yourself apart.

For this stripes on stripes on stripes daily outfit I’m wearing:

Navy pinstriped tailored wool blazer – Rembrant Sartorial, thrifted
Blue and white striped button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Navy, orange and white diagonally striped necktie – vintage Brooks Brothers, ebay
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Light-wash Elwood Jeans – G-Star, ebay
Black leather military boots – Zu shoes

To be honest, I didn’t set out to celebrate stripes in this daily outfit, but not that I am looking at it I enjoy the over-use of the stripe, all clashed together in a big sartorial mess. I’ve done something similar in the past with checks, and I’d love to do something with spots and dots, but I don’t own any spotty or dotty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment