Monday 31 March 2014

Daily Outfit: A new desk and a new blazer

Being a Public Servant, I have moved offices around Canberra several times over my past five years of employment. My current area moved back to the Parliamentary Triangle over this past weekend, and so today I started back at work at a new desk and in a new building. Given that it was a day for the new, I decided to road-test another of my new thrifted blazers from the Vinnies sale, as well as a new necktie.

Today’s outfit for the new was:

Navy double-breasted blazer with coloured stripes – no label, bought at Vinnies Sale
Blue, orange and white checked button-down shirt – Trenery
Navy polyester necktie with waratah motif – A. Royale club ties, Salvos
Black leather belt – Raphael Steffens
Motor 3D tapered embroidered jeans – G-Star
Blue leather boots with buckles – G-Star


I am not overly sold on this blazer. I love the double-breasted cut, which I wear open, but the blazer feels like it is made out of plastic. It crackles when I put it on, which can’t be a good sign. I’m also not sold on the dirty navy colouring, or the fact that it is patterned. I do love the shorter cut to the sleeves and the shorter length overall.

What do you think? Should I keep the blazer or give it back to Vinnies?


No comments:

Post a Comment