Tuesday 4 March 2014

Daily Outfit: T.M. Lewin shirts


I couldn’t tell you just how old this T.M. Lewin shirt that I am wearing in today’s outfit is, but I can say that it is honestly one of the hardest working garments in my wardrobe.


I bought it from a second-hand store here in Canberra, and the owner said she’d sold it twice before I bought it, so I know I am at least the fourth owner. Three other men have had the shirt in circulation in their wardrobes, and to date the only visible damage is slight wear where the French cuffs fold back. Amazing. Even the wear that it has doesn’t look bad, at least not in my opinion. I'm amazed at how well the shirt is holding up frankly.



I think that the shirt looks really great in today’s outfit:

Navy wool blazer – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Blue and white fine striped shirt – T.M. Lewin, thrifted
Navy and orange silk necktie – Robert Talbot, thrifted
Alligator leather and gold-tone cufflinks and tie bar – Etsy
Navy and orange cotton belt with leather fastenings – Trenery
Blade loose jeans – G-star, via eBay
Grey and orange striped socks – Trenery
Brown suede loafers – Raphael Steffens



I am a fan of T.M. Lewin's shirts. The sizing is really consistent, the cuts are flattering without being dadsy, and they're mostly 100% cotton. Given my recent realisation that I will be working in a corporate environment for the forseeable future (50+ years!), I’m thinking of buying a few more. There is another company that I have my eye on for shirts, Charles Tyrwhitt, as they’re comparably priced. T.M. Lewin do seem to offer free postage, but CharlesTyrwhitt have a larger selection of navy coloured shirts...

Have any of you out there bought from either? I'd love to hear from you if you have. 


Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment