Tuesday 25 March 2014

Daily Outfit: Trash and treasure

I felt like a bit of juxtaposing for today’s outfit, to celebrate the high and low end of my wardrobe and the sort of trash and treasure mentality that I live within. I do love to mix the high-end with the low-end, I'll happily scrimp and save for a $300 pair of jeans or a designer clutch, but at the same time I am happy to wear nameless pieces I've picked up in op shops or $5 t-shirts from Big W. Today's Daily Outfit is an exercise in playing one side of my wardrobe off against the other. 

The individual pieces of today’s outfit were:

Navy wool blazer with pinstripe – Rembrant Sartorial, thrifted
Navy button-down cotton shirt – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Navy polyester necktie with lobster motif – Brooks Brothers, ebay
Gold-tone tie clip – gift
Brown leather belt – Sportscraft
Straight-legged jeans with shredded detailing – Industrie
Brown leather shoes with laser cut detail – Raphael Steffens


I picked up the blazer at the Vinnies Sale this weekend past for about $7, which is a total steal. It’s 100% wool and beautifully tailored. The shirt is also tailored, however I paid almost twenty-times the price for it! The necktie is a beautifully made piece from well know heritage brand L.L. Bean, which I paid a little more than I really should have for on ebay because I loved the lobster motif. The jeans were not overly expensive, but given that they look like they lost a tug-of-war with a werewolf, I probably shouldn't have let Mags pay as much as she did for them. The shoes, while expensive, have held up really well and still look pretty great.


No comments:

Post a Comment