Tuesday 11 March 2014

Daily Outfit: Polo Week Day 1



I'll be wearing a polo shirt to work every day this week, because I got tattooed while in Melbourne over the weekend, and I'd really rather not have to wash lanolin out of my nice work shirts if I can avoid it. It doesn't exactly stain, but I do find it takes more than one wash to come out, so I'd rather just wear short sleeves for a week than waste water and time re-washing shirts.

My best friend Mags and I drove down to Melbourne on Friday of last week, and we each had tattoo appointments on Saturday morning. I got a companion piece for my 'Lobster Darling' tattoo, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how it turned out. It's absolutely worth the faux-pas of having to wear polo shirts for the week.


For today’s polo-centric outfit I decided to go fairly casual:

Grey cotton polo shirt – Trenery
Navy and orange cotton belt with leather fastenings – Trenery
Blades jeans – G-Star via eBay
Navy socks with argyle pattern – Uniqlo, Tokyo
Brown leather shoes with cross-hatch pattern – Raphael Steffens





I own several polo shirts from Trenery, and I have to say, I find them preferable to any other brand, including Polo Ralph Lauren. The Trenery shirts are really solid and a little stiff; but they're incredibly comfortable to wear. The don't tend to droop or look worn, where as I have found Polo Ralph Lauren shirts to sag and shrink upwards after a few washes.




Finally, if you scroll right to the bottom of this post you can see my latest tattoo, courtesy of Clint Baxter at Taboo Tattoo in Blackburn, Melbourne. 'Peking Baby' has no deeper meaning than that I love to eat Peking Duck, and I love how it has turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment