Tuesday 18 March 2014

Daily Outfit: A scarf in place of a tie

I decided to forego a necktie today, and went with a scarf tied and resting inside my shirt. It’s a look that I’ve admired on men much more stylish than myself for some time, and that I have never really had the stones to try myself. However, being in a good mood this morning, I decided to give it a go.

Just looking at me it’s pretty obvious I’ve never done this before- the scarf is not tied in any sort of elegant way and I’m not sure that I picked the best colour match at all.

The entire outfit that I wore today was probably a little casual for a cravat, but I really liked how it looked. I wore:

Navy single-breasted blazer – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Blue button-down shirt with white stripes – vintage Brooks Brothers
Brown Rococo print scarf worn as cravat – thrifted years ago
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Motor 3D tapered embroidered jeans – G-Star
Distressed black leather shoes – Raphael Steffens


Neckties can be uncomfortable in many ways; they can be too tight and strangle you, they can be too heavy and weigh around your neck, and they can flop around on your chest and be really distracting. The scarf, however, was really comfortable all day, and lovely and warm. I’m really looking forward to trying this look with some of the other scarves I’ve accumulated over the years.



No comments:

Post a Comment