Friday 7 March 2014

Travel: Melbourne Bound


So today I am off to beautiful Melbourne for a long weekend of delicious food, tattooing, and spending time with my girlfriends from University. We’ll have been in each other’s lives for 10 years this year, so the occasion needs to be marked!

I am really bad at dressing for travel – I’m always uncomfortable, usually because I am wearing jeans that are too tight, and I’m always too hot or too cold. This doesn’t even cover packing for a trip, which I am also ridiculously bad at; right now I’m just talking about getting to or from my destination. When I went to Thailand with my best friend Mags in September last year, and I compare how she traveled compared to how I travel, it made me realise that I really need to review how I travel.


The outfit that I am travelling in today, for example, is not great:

Navy Doberman t-shirt – Slickitup
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Arc 3D loose tapered jeans – G-Star
Pearlescent blue thongs - Havaianas


This outfit is comfortable, but nothing else. It is not stylish, it is not particularly sensible for spending 7 hours in a car, and it is not really climate friendly either.


So, I won't be posting at all over this long weekend, but will be back with tales of my adventures in Melbourne on Monday evening. Until then, have a lovely weekend, and keep an eye on my Twitter and Instagram for lots of Melbourne pictures.


Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment