Wednesday 17 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Dressed But Not Impressive

I am counting my lucky stars that I wore this outfit today, as I had a surprise meeting concerning a job that I had applied for, and it could have been significantly uncomfortable had I been wearing some of my less-corporate clothing.

As it stands, I was dressed rather flamboyantly in my matching seersucker pieces, which happened to be a fantastic ice-breaker for the conversation, even if it was ultimately fruitless. I’m wearing:

Blue and white cotton seersucker Blazer – Meeting Street, etsy
Tailored navy cotton button-down shirt – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Blue and white silk-blend seersucker necktie – Brooks Brothers 346, ebay
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Burnt orange chinos - FCUK
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens

I’m actually quite practiced in being rejected for jobs now, but it was still comforting to be looking my Peacocking best while being turned down. It’s funny, because if I had known that I would have to meet with a potential employer today, I am sure that I would have worn something much more subdued and corporate, and frankly, less me.

And I cannot imagine I would be feeling quite so OK with the rejection if I was otherwise attired.


2 comments: