Monday 1 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Unintentional Edward Cullen Cosplay

A combination of the lighting and time of the day, and the colours of this thrown-together outfit, have left me feeling like I have tricked myself into Edward Cullen cosplay.

I am not ashamed to admit that I devoured the Twilight books very rapidly when they were given to me by one of my amazing girlfriends for a birthday present several years ago. I love the books to this day, for all their flaws. And, while I've always had fan-boy tendencies, but my my Twilight obsession was on a whole other level. If the books had come out when I was in High School, I am fairly certain I would have come to grips with my sexuality a whole lot sooner.

It is sad to say that I have actually dressed up as Edward Cullen before. In fact, I went so far as to dye by hair a coppery auburn and smear myself with glitter for a friend's birthday party. Today, however, I'm accidentally wearing an Edward look:

Light grey cotton sweater with argyle pattern - Reserve, Myer
Navy cotton polo shirt - Trenery
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Riley 3D tapered jeans - G-Star
Brown leather shoes with laser-etched detail - Raphael Steffens


It is all a bit hysterical that all the elements of this daily outfit came together in the way that they did. I didn't shoot any of my daily outfits over this past weekend because I was too busy eating or writing a job application, and so I am taking them after work this week. I just happened to pick this park for these pictures, not even realising until I got home how referential to the setting of Twilight they actually are. I also didn't realise how incredibly pale I am looking at the moment, which has obviously helped with the whole "sparkly undead" vibe.


No comments:

Post a Comment