Thursday 4 September 2014

Daily Outfit: The Old Man and the Tweed

I have been tweed curious for a long time now, and the idea of finding a tweed jacket or Blazer that doesn’t have me looking like an escapee from a retirement home has become something of a passion.

With this in mind, when my mother told me she would be going on a thrifting excursion in a large country town, I asked her to look for a tweed jacket for me in a shade of blue.

And today, I’m wearing what she managed to hunt down for me in the following outfit:


Gunmetal blue tweed Blazer – Robert Bruce, thrfited by my mother
Blue Oxford cloth button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Navy silk necktie with gridiron player motif – Lands’ End, etsy
Gold-tone short tie clip - gift
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Taupe whipcord chinos - Trenery
Brown leather shoes with laser-etched detail – Raphael Steffens

The jacket is, in truth, more grey than blue, but there is an underlying coolness to the tweed that feels more blue than grey. It is 100% wool too, and quite light to wear, though I will be replacing the buttons on this piece shortly because the previous owner re-sewed them on at really weird angles. I also don't really like them, so I'll replace them with something else instead.

But, ultimately, I really like this piece, and it will do nicely until I save up enough to have a tweed blazer tailored for me here in Canberra.


No comments:

Post a Comment