Monday 8 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Monday Morning Battle Armour

Today, being the first day of the week, I decided to put a little extra effort in and build myself a formidable Monday morning outfit, to fight off any traces of Monday-itis, and to ensure myself a solid week ahead.

However, life seems to have missed the memo about dressing for the week you want, because despite my "Grant-means-business" get up and my spirit animal keeping me safe from my necktie; I still managed to have a fairly average-to-awful Monday. I've been in a sulk all afternoon, and my poor boyfriend has had to deal with veritable storm-clouds brewing around my head.

Monday completely ignored the good luck principals of the daily outfit that I am wearing today:

Navy double-breasted blazer with multi-coloured stripes - labeless, thrifted
Tailored navy cotton button-down shirt - Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Navy silk necktie with red lobster motif - labeless, ebay
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Navy whipcord chinos - Trenery
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail


Despite the fact that it was a less that splendid day, I was quite happy with this outfit over all. This blazer has proven to have been a wise purchase, despite the fact that it tends to accentuate my paunchy mid-section. I love the shorter sleeves that show off the cuffs of whatever shirt I'm wearing, and I love that you can only see the texture and colours of the stripes from certain angles. The all-blue colour scheme really made the red lobster motif on the necktie stand out that much more as well.

Sidneote: I got my hair cut last Thursday evening, and I'm really loving it. I'm not sure what direction I am hoping to take it in, but for now this short-back-and-sides look is keeping me hapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment