Wednesday 3 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Dressed-down

Something that I have noticed recently is just how much more attention, and how many more compliments I get on my clothes, when I dress corporately. 

I'm not sure if it is because I spent 12-months wearing nothing but t-shirts and jeans to work, or if it is because people actually notice me when I'm dressed up and don't when I'm dressed down, but I can remember five different people remarking on my outfit yesterday, and today I don't think that a single person mention my clothes. I mean, I'm not dressing so that people at the office will stop and talk to me about my clothes; but it is interesting how the different outfits draw different attention.

And, sometimes it is fun to dress it down in the middles of the week, just to see if anyone will notice.
 
I actually really liked daily outfit today. I had the French cuffs rolled back over the blazer for most of the day, and it felt very Elle Driver to me. I am wearing:

Navy pinstriped wool tailored blazer - Rembrandt Sartorial, thrifted
Blue and white fine-striped shirt with French cuffs - T.M. Lewin, ebay
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Blades loose jeans - G-Star, ebay
Brown leather shoes with laser-etched detail - Raphael Steffens


I was actually wearing a tie when I left the house this morning, but I had tied it really shortly, and it looked positively ridiculous. Then, when I hopped in the car and checked it out in the mirror I realised that there was a huge stain on it, so I ripped it off and threw it in the back seat, where it is still sitting right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment