Monday 15 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Intergalactic

I want to get back into the swing of kicking off the week with a bang in the sartorial sense, and so I decided I’d go a little intergalactic with this daily outfit.

This beautiful necklace is by the incredibly talented Alicia Hannah Naomi, and has been a staple of mine since I purchased it a few years back. It never fails to draw attention to itself, and it is a supremely satisfying thought to have a nebula strung about your neck while you do you day to day business.

I paired the necklace with some very simple pieces in solid blues, to keep the attention firmly on the necklace itself. For this intergalactic daily outfit I’m wearing:

Navy wool tailored blazer – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Blue Oxford cloth button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Nebula pendant necklace – Drown, by Alicia Hannah Naomi
Black leather belt – Raphael Steffens
Royal blue skinny jeans - ASOS
Orange and white striped cotton socks – Uniqlo, Tokyo
Black leather shoes with cut-out details – Raphael Steffens

There were two or so other designs of this necklace available when it was first released, and at the time I really wanted a different design which was predominantly blue in colouring. Fortunately, though I didn’t feel so at the time, that design had sold out by the time I bought mine, and so I had to choose the orange nebula design. I think that in hindsight, this colour design best compliments the rest of my wardrobe, and as such was a happy failing on my behalf.


No comments:

Post a Comment