Wednesday 10 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Uniformity

Uniforms are something that get a lot of reference in fashion, over and over again.

It is sort of hysterical when you consider the fact that for those that have to wear a uniform, be it for school, for work or for a sport; it tends to have very negative connotations. A polo shirt, for example, is something that I have been loath to wear until very recently, because as soon as I put one on I remember either high school, or working retail.

Neither are experiences that I am in any way interested in reliving as an adult, which likely explains my aversion to wearing them.

Today’s daily outfit is very referential of a school uniform, and it was photographed at my primary school while I was home over the weekend. I’m wearing:

Navy perforated sweater with neon orange trim - ASOS
White cotton polo-shirt - Trenery
Black leather belt - Raphael Steffens
Burnt orange chinos - FCUK
Distressed black leather shoes – Raphael Steffens

I have to say, for all the talk surrounding Polo Ralph Lauren polo-shirts, I much prefer the ones from Trenery. I find that the cotton from Trenery is much stiffer and holds a better shape, looking better for longer. The PRL shirts come in a wider range of colours and designs, but in my experience they sag very quickly and look old after a very few washes.


No comments:

Post a Comment