Tuesday 17 June 2014

Daily Outfit: Ranua Zoo

Today's daily outfit photos were taken at Ranua Zoo, a short drive south of Rovaniemi. 

I can honestly say that I had been looking forward to this since we started planning our trip to Finland and a random Google search turned it up as something to do in the area. Ranua is unlike any other zoo I have ever seen in my life, almost seamlessly integrated into the forest around it, with huge enclosures and some of the animals just roaming around free!

I got to see a Red Squirrel in the wild at the zoo, so that was pretty cool and special; plus there were Polar Bears, Brown Bears, Grey Wolves and loads more.

The pristine environment of the Ranua Zoo also served as the perfect backdrop for my Daily Outfit photos. For today's outfit I was wearing:

Blue cotton beanie - ASOS
Gunmetal blue leather jacket - Zara
Rococco print polyester scarf - thrifted
Blue slubby scoop-neck t-shirt - FCUK
Orange and navy ribbon belt - Polo Ralph Lauren
Riley 3D loose tapered jeans - G-Star
Orange and blue sneakers - Puma


I have to confess that I am starting to feel like I have done as much as I can with the clothes that I packed for this trip, and I am starting to run out of ideas for new outfits. I need some warmer weather ASAP so I can bust out some shorts!

We're off to a lake house today for three nights, so I am hoping that I'll have the opportunity for some warmer weather and some new outfits there.


It doesn't exactly help that Finland is currently experiencing the coldest Summer on record in 50 years! We found snow today while driving from Rovaniemi to Ranua!


No comments:

Post a Comment