Wednesday 4 June 2014

Daily Outfit: Sporting Style

Today I'm getting about in a sporting style by wearing one of my favourite neckties ever.

The thing about this particular necktie is that it is pretty beaten-up. I bought it at least second hand from Etsy, and it is a pure navy silk fabric with a woven gridiron player motif. It has worn through to a really sad threadbare state in several places, and you can see the padding on the inside of the tie. 

To me, however, that's a part of the charm of the piece.

For this daily outfit of sporting style I’m wearing:


Navy wool puffer jacket – Country Road
Blue and white striped button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Navy silk necktie with gridiron player motif – vintage Lands’ End, Etsy
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Lightly distressed bootcut jeans – A|X Armani Jeans Exchange, thrifted
Brown leather shoes with laser-cut pattern – Raphael Steffens

It must be said that while I am rolling with this sporting style today, I don't know a thing about Gridiron. I've tried watching it in the past, and I cannot make heads or tails of it. And, unlike Rugby or Rugby League (but never Aussie Rules), I can't even sit there and simply perv on the players either!

I still love the design though.



1 comment: