Saturday 7 June 2014

Daily Outfit: Sports Luxe

I've always been curious about trying Sports Luxe as a style, and with incorporating this look into my own wardrobe.

This jersey was a last-ditch effort to try and salvage an otherwise dismal thrifting adventure (for me) that I had recently with Heather and Jiawa. My chief issue has always been that I'm just not sports savvy: It took me several Google searches to narrow down which team this jersey represents (the Dallas Cowboys) and then more to figure out which sport they play (Gridiron, apparently). Trying Sports Luxe as a look has always felt a little disingenuous to me.

The jersey was $5, and Jiawa said she woud take it off my hands if I didn't like it, so I figured why not try Sports Luxe? For my first attempt I’m wearing:

Navy cotton beanie - ASOS (not pictured)
Tailored navy pinstriped wool blazer - Rembrandt Sartorial, thrifted
Blue and white mesh vintage Dallas Cowboys NFL jersey  - Reebok, thrifted
Black leather belt - Raphael Steffens
Indiogo was Riley tapered jeans - G-Star, ebay
Blue leather boots with buckle detail - G-star

I wore this out to dinner tonight with my sister and her boyfriend, and I have to say, it earned me a few odd looks. Mostly from my boyfriend. While I like the overall look with the blazer, I have to say I felt a bit ridiculous when I took it off. It is also a polyester mesh, meaning it was a poor choice for a Canberra winter evening!

I think that I'll try to wear it again, but I'm not sure that Sports Luxe is really for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment