Saturday 14 June 2014

Daily Outfit: Road Trip stop one - Heinola

Today we left Helsinki for a road trip to Rovaniemi, Lapland. 

It is a nine-hour drive, which we are breaking up into stages. Today our destination was Jyvaskyla, but we stopped off at Heinola to grab some lunch. It was a place of interest to my sister and I, because it is a town which shares our Surname.

Heinola is a fairly small town built on the shores of a lake. It is pretty if a little dull, but it was interesting to see the area where my surname originates from.
 
Knowing that I would be in a car for a large portion of the day, I decided to opt for comfort over style in this daily outfit. I'm wearing:

Black cotton beanie - boyfriend was given on international flight
Gunmetal blue leather jacket - Zara
White cotton crew-neck t-shirt - Esprit, from ASOS
Navy and navy marle cotton joggers - New Look, ASOS
Orange and navy sneakers - Puma


We snapped today's outfit shots just off the main street of Heinola, before getting back on the road and heading for Jyvaskyla, where we are spending tonight. I saw the mosaic façade of this building and instantly fell in love with the multiple shades of blue used.

We've settled in here at Jyvaskyla for the night, and even managed to fit in to sight seeing and a spot of shopping at H&M. We've got a six and a half hour drive ahead of us tomorrow, so I'm going to turn in for the night, and I'll write more tomorrow from Rovaniemi, Lapland.


No comments:

Post a Comment