Thursday 19 June 2014

Daily Outfit: Lakeside

For today's post I thought that I would show off some of the beautiful location where we are currently staying in a house by the Lakeside.

The nearest town is Aanekoski, and the Villa that we're staying in backs onto a truly stunning lake. When we booked it, I had all these visions of swimming in the Finnish summer evenings, rowing out to the nearby islands and exploring, and living in shorts and singlets.

Which is probably the sole reason Finland is currently experiencing its coldest summer in 50 years...

We were all determined to get out on the water today, and we didn't let the overcast and dreary weather stop us. For my foray from the Lakeside to the open water I am wearing:

Blue cotton beanie - ASOS
Orange polyester windcheater jacket - H&M
Blue 50/50 t-shirt with Doberman print - Slick It Up NYC
Navy swim shorts (borrowed from the boyfriend) - H&M
Blue metallic thongs - Havaianas



I am really chuffed with this jacket. It was originally around $49 Euro and was marked down to $7 Euro, which is reason enough to be chuffed. However, it fits me really well, it looks pretty good (for sportswear), and it has removable sleeves to make it a vest!

However, best of all, it is a part of a line from H&M called Concious, which has a focus on sustainability, as well as the wages and conditions of sweatshop workers. The jacket is actually made of 85% recycled materials, which I personally think is pretty amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment